Explore the Natural Beauty of Saguenay
Chicoutimi, Quebec Area Information
La Saguenéenne, Hotel & Convention Center is in one of Canada's best locations for those who love the beauty of the outdoors. Chicoutimi is a part of the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region, where you'll find a surprising variety of year-round activities, including whale-watching and Fjord River cruises, hiking, snowshoeing, and exploring all in the surrounding nature. The people who call this vibrant area home have a “joie de vivre” that results from being surrounded by natural beauty and a long and proud heritage of hospitality.
To make your stay stress free, enjoy nearby conveniences like gas stations, a grocery store, shopping malls, a liquor store and so much more. Snowmobile trail permits can be purchased at the front desk, and if you should require it, breakdown service is located nearby for snowmobiles such as Arctic Cat, Yamaha, Bombardier (BRP skidoo), and Polaris.
Outdoor Activities to Enjoy
This terrain of breathtaking panoramic views is known for two magnificent natural landmarks: Lake Saint-Jean, the largest natural lake in Quebec, and the Saguenay Fjord, the only navigable fjord in North America. Outdoors enthusiasts have plenty to celebrate in this area, including four national conservation parks and a practically endless ways to enjoy all they have to offer.
Popular Activities Include:
- Boat cruises
- Horseback riding
- Dog sledding
- Road and MTB cycling
- Ice fishing
The Saguenay-Chicoutimi area offers something fun for all ages. Catch a junior hockey game or go ice-skating at the Centre Georges-Vézina Arena. Go fishing, canoeing or hiking in Monts-Valins National Park. Meet more than 75 species of animals, including grizzly and polar bears, Amur tigers, Japanese macaques, American bison, seals, and many more at the Zoo sauvage de St-Félicien. Sample delectable cheeses on the renowned Cheese Route. The options are endless.
To experience the best of Saguenay Lac-Saint-Jean region, let us assist you in planning your visit to the area.
A Few Not-to-Miss Destinations:
- Zoo sauvage de St-Félicien, including the Centre for Conservation of Boreal Biodiversity
- Monts-Valins National Park
- Saguenay-St.Lawrence Marine Park
- Saguenay-Fjord National Park
- Pointe-Taillon National Park
- Véloroute des Bleuets (cycling path of 260 km around the famous Lake Saint-Jean)
- Site de la Nouvelle-France (historical reconstitution of 17th Century Quebec City)
- Trou de la fée Cavern (granite cave)
- Musée du Fjord, including the Fjord Aquarium
- Val-Jalbert Historical Village
- La Petite Maison Blanche
- La Fabuleuse Histoire d'un Royaume
- Métiers d’art Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean View La Route Des Artisans
Annual Events in Chicoutimi
Experience the true culture of the Saguenay region by attending an annual event.
Popular Events Include:
- Les Hivernades de Chicoutimi (February-March)
- REGARD-Saguenay International Short Film Festival (March)
- Festival Jazz & Blues de Saguenay (April)
- Festival des Musiques de Creation (May)
- Le Grand défi Pierre Lavoie (June)
- Festival des Vins de Saguenay (July)
- Expo Agricole de Chicoutimi (July)
- Le Festival International Rythmes du Monde de Saguenay (July-August)
- Zoom Photo Festival (November)